Translate

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Cold Showers vs. Hot Showers

Hey folks,

I know it has turned out to be a long, long time since I last posted, but I am now officially ready to reboot the blog. After a lengthy hiatus, I am very excited to begin a whole new chapter of The Way of the Alpha Male. 

I plan to focus many of my future blog posts on fitness, nutrition and healthy living. In the first installment of these articles, I would like to talk about the benefits of taking cold showers.

I first started doing some research on this subject last spring. After reading about some of the amazing benefits of taking cold showers, such as improved immunity and better breathing, I decided that it was worth a try.

Unsurprisingly, after years of taking hot showers, it wasn't exactly easy to make the switch to cold. It was really a slow, gradual process, but eventually I was able to get used to it and make the change. In the months since, I have experienced an overall improved feeling of well-being. After a cold shower in the morning, I feel healthy, energized and ready to tackle the day. 

In my humble opinion, the greatest benefit of taking a cold shower may be the improved willpower that comes along with it. I feel that taking cold showers has improved my confidence in areas that might seem unrelated. 

There are many uncomfortable situations in life, such as going out and meeting new people or stepping up to the plate and trying to get your dream job, that really aren't all that different than taking a cold shower. It may be a bit difficult at first, but in the end, you might be happy you did it.

Of course, cold showers aren't for everyone. It can be a bit of a shock, and from what I've read, those who have certain heart conditions are advised to steer clear of them. That said, it has certainly been an interesting and rewarding challenge for myself, and I wanted to share it in my return to my blog.

Until next time,
BF

Sources & Further Reading: 

15 Benefits of Cold Showers That Will Blow Your Mind

The Health Benefits of Cold Showers

The James Bond Shower: A Shot of Cold Water for Health and Vitality